Afghanistan Economic and Legal Studies Organization (AELSO) is the lead libertarian think tank of Afghanistan which is working for promotion and education of individual freedom, market economy, human rights, rule of law, peace, tolerance and other free society values by running of major projects in the country since collapse of Taliban regime and AELSO is being supported by many prestigious international organizations and has successfully implemented many projects about the aforementioned values in Afghanistan.
ALESO Academy is a unique initiative of AELSO team which includes a series of seminars, trainings, conferences, webinars, video and radio programs that provides the opportunities of better understanding and equipping the people, civil society and human right activists, scholars, young leaders, women and students of Afghanistan about libertarian ideas and also how to work for promotion of these values in their communities and society. The webinars, educational videos and radio programs are not only of Afghan audiences but their audiences will be also from around the world.
This project also enables members and directors of other Afghan think tanks who are working for promotion of libertarian ideas but are less experienced and needs to learn how to effectively work for education and promotion of the free society values in the country. As our team and scholars have more than 17 years of the great experiences and knowledge on working for libertarian ideas in Afghanistan and know about all its challenges and opportunities; by this project we will educate and enhance their skills and knowledge to how to run their think tanks more successfully.
Afghanistan is a country that has experienced more than four decades of war and is still in a state of war. During this period of time, this country has experienced many political regimes such is Communism, Jihadist and religious radicalism, they were not only controlling the political and economic aspects of people’s life but all social, cultural and private aspects of Afghan’s life. During the Taliban regime, people of Afghanistan has witnessed disaster way of control by radical government that they believed that people have no rights to choose their own faith and they were strongly against individual rights, market economy, women participation in social life, rule of those law ratified by human, democracy and all other free society values.
During this period of time, all the educational curriculum of Afghanistan were destroyed and replaced with radical and closed mindset studies that were denying individual and women rights, a free market economy, freedom of choice and speech, rule of law and other liberal studies.
This situation had a strong side-effect on the mindset of the Afghan generation grow in these years of close society practice in Afghanistan. After the collapse of the Taliban regime, the new government established with the assistance of the United States of America and other international community members that pave the way for the liberty and an open society. AELSO was one of the first civil society organization that people started to work in order to promote values of open and democratic societies such as human rights, individual freedom, the market economy, and other free society values by initiating many awareness-raising programs in capital and provinces of Afghanistan.
While our struggle of promotion of libertarian ideas in Afghanistan is very successful and now we have gained support of different youths, government, and private organizations, we need to educate more people in all parts of Afghanistan about the concepts of liberalism that they could work for promotion of these values in their own communities and areas for a bright and peaceful future of themselves and their children.
Although we have worked hard for the promotion of libertarian ideas in Afghanistan, there is still need for academic education and equipment of the new generation, civil society members, scholars, social and human rights activists, university students and professors about free society values to bring a positive change in Afghan society. The programs that we have planned under the project of “AELSO Academy”, will address and educating different groups of people in Afghanistan that will work to play a strong and positive role in different parts of the country to bring change in society and mindset of people. These programs are like a chain of education will make a network all over the country to coup with the old methodology of people’s belief that the communist and radical regimes in Afghanistan had promoted.
AELSO ACADEMY OBJECTIVES:
1- Education and promotion of individual freedom, the market economy, human rights, freedom of speech, tolerance and other free society and democratic values for different target groups in Afghanistan.
2- To oppose and fight against radicalism and promote liberty.
3- To work and strengthen the capacities of other Afghan think tanks who are working for the promotion of libertarian ideas to more effectively work and promote these ideas in Afghanistan.
AELSO ACADEMY ACTIVITIES:
AELSO Academy is a highly recognized institute dedicated to libertarian studies with theory education of individual freedom, market economy, rule of law, human rights, limited government and other related ideas that cause to educate and equip the new generation of Afghanistan with the ideas of peace and liberty.
AELSO Academy is the first and unique initiative of AELSO team in Afghanistan and its each program has from 1 – 3 credits and once a participant gets 20 Credits, he/she will become the graduate alumni of the Academy and a new, skilled and dedicated advocate for human rights and democratic values in his/her respective community. While establishing the academy, with the help of our national and international partners, all academic figures, we tried to build a standardized and quality system including new and up-to-date topics for our trainings, enrolling and graduation of the participants.
The AELSO Academy project is one of the biggest projects of AELSO and this initiative comprise several elements and activities as below:
- Training/seminars on the education of Human Rights, Individual freedom, Market Economy, rule of law and other free society values in 3 major provinces of Afghanistan. Read More & Apply in one of these events…
- Capacity building training for other Afghanistan-based think tanks (who are also working for the promotion of libertarian ideas) in order to equip them with the ideas of liberty, peace, and toleration and educate them to effectively work for their mission in Afghanistan. Read More & Apply in one of these events…
- Roundtables/exchange view programs in 3 major provinces of Afghanistan in order to discuss and debate the compatibility of free society values with Islam, to address the misinterpretation of Islam among the participants and educate them the ideas of peace, love, liberty and prosperity and to give them the opportunity to share their own thoughts and views about the topics. Read More & Apply in one of these roundtables….
- Webinars in the Persian language for education and promotion of libertarian ideas for people in Afghanistan, Iran & Tajikistan (Persian languages countries). The educational webinars for the education of liberal values will be a very unique initiative that not only the people of Afghanistan’s will be the beneficiary of this but also Iranian people and Tajikistan people will be the beneficiary of these webinars. Read More & Apply in one of these webinars….
- Educational videos on monthly basis for education and promotion of human rights, individual freedom, tolerance, peace and other free society values and opposing of radicalism in Afghanistan for Afghan national TVs, YouTube channel and social media networks. Read More about this…
- Radio programs on monthly basis for education and promotion of human rights, individual freedom, tolerance, peace, and other free society values and opposing of radicalism in Afghanistan through Silk Road Station and other FM radio stations of Afghanistan. Read More about this…
Watch on this video that what can “AELSO Academy” do in Afghanistan?
If you wish to apply and be a member of AELSO Academy, please complete our online application form in HERE!
Regarding any questions you can contact with us at:
Telephone: +93 20 210 63 49 | +93 72 892 0854