- Posted by: AELSO
- Category: General
Vacancy Title: Program Manager
Reference Number: PM10 – AELSO-2022
Duration: 6 months (with the possibility of extension)
Expires on: January 10, 2022
Salary: As per organization’s salary
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
The Afghanistan Economic and Legal Studies Organization (AELSO) is an independent think-tank based in Afghanistan and registered as a non-profit and non-political, non-governmental organization with the Ministry of Economy of Afghanistan on December 10, 2009 (Registration Number 1532).
The mission of AELSO is to promote the values of individual freedom and of the responsibility of civil society for the creation and sustenance of the institutions of limited government, the rule of law, and the other institutional foundations of a free society. That includes strengthening the institutions of a free-market economy, such as clear definition of, and respect, for property, and promotion of freedom of expression, toleration, human rights, and civil peace.
We are currently looking for an organized individual for our Program Manager role in Kabul.
Serving as the Program Manager with the AELSO is a unique opportunity for those who enjoy planning and organizing data, events, as well as people alike, experienced in report writing, proposal development and other related activities.
Education: At least bachelor degree in Business Administration, Law, Journalism, Literature and other related field.
Having at least 1-3 years of work experience in managing or assisting projects.
- Graduated from BBA or Law faculty
- Excellent planning & organizing skills
- Proficiency in English written communication and presentation skills.
- To be fluent in writing and speaking Pashto, and Dari languages.
- Ability to work as a member of the AELSO team.
- To be flexible having positive attitude and the ability to work under pressure.
- Conducting regular monitoring and support for the provincial’s team and community staff as well as our volunteer
- To review and validated project monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Organizing, planning and leading the overall implementation of AELSO’s projects.
- Assist CEO, program manager and other key staff in planning and implementing of programs.
- Provide monthly and quarterly progress report
- Ability to identify different funding opportunities and write applicable proposals for raising the funds.
- Other tasks assigned by AELSO’s CEO
Applicants are requested to kindly send their CV/Resume and one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before January 10, 2022.
Please mention the reference number as the subject line of the email.
We highly encourage female applicants to apply for this position.
Note: Priority will be given to female applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for next steps.
Human Resources Department