- Posted by: AELSO
- Category: General
Position Title: Research Associate
Date Posted: April 15, 2021
Closing Date: April 25, 2021
Organization: Afghanistan Economic and Legal Studies Organization (AELSO)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location: Kabul
Salary Range: As per organization’s salary scale
Contract Duration: 1 Year (with Possibility of Extension)
Required Languages: Pashto, Dari & English
Education: Bachelor of Law & Political Science or BBA/DBA,
Vacancy Number: RA/AELSO-21
Work Time: Full-Time
Extension Possibility: 1-2 Years
Probation Period: 3 Months
We are looking for a competent Research Associate to undertake variety of researches works and educational management tasks. The Research Associate will help in different researches projects, writing articles for our newsletter and website, as well as carry out the burden of important duties in all our educational and training programs.
About: Afghanistan Economic & Legal Studies Organization
The Afghanistan Economic and Legal Studies Organization (AELSO) is an independent think-tank based in Afghanistan and registered as a non-profit and non-political non-governmental organization with the Ministry of Economy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan on December 10, 2009 (Registration Number 1532). The mission of AELSO is to promote the values of individual freedom and of the responsibility of civil society for the creation and sustenance of the institutions of limited government, the rule of law, and the other institutional foundations of the free society. That includes strengthening the institutions of the free-market economy, such as clear definition of, and respect, for property, and promotion of freedom of expression, toleration, human rights, and civil peace.
- Ability to collect & analyze primary & secondary data using different statistical tools and software’s.
- Collect and analyze Afghanistan’s youth ideas for bringing peace, tolerance, liberty and how to oppose radicalism.
- Ability to run video & radio programs of the organization with national and international scholars
- Complete literature reviews for different academic works.
- Prepare materials for submission to the granting organizations and foundations
- Prepare interview questions and methods for the keynote speakers and scholars.
- Maintain accurate records of the interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary
- Summarize interviews, meetings and all the events organized by the AELSO
- Provide ready access to all experimental data for the faculty researcher and/or supervisor
- Request or acquire equipment or supplies necessary for the event in different parts of the country.
- Manage and respond to project related emails
- Prepare, maintain, and update website materials constantly
- Supervise interns’ and students who are working on research and other educational projects
- Attend project meetings in order to track project implementation record.
- Attend national and international seminars, conferences and other meetings of the organization
- Summarize project results on quarterly and annual bases
- Prepare progress reports for the funding agency on quarterly bases
- Prepare articles, reports, and presentations
- Constantly monitor the project budget
- Prepare materials for updating website and social media of the organization
- Prepare materials for our radio programs
- Ability to edit and check organization’s all publications for correcting the grammatical and linguistically errors.
- Familiar or willing to learn the concepts of facilitation, training and coaching roles
- Any other tasks assigned by the CEO or board members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law & Political Science or BBA/DBA (Master’s degree is not required but it will be an added advantage)
- Excellent language skills of Pashto, Dari & English languages.
- Computer skills are highly needed
- Having good experience working with and NGOs.
- Good computing and method
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Good Monitoring & evaluation skills
- Good organizational, diplomatic and report writing skills
- Multitask and ability for Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent cross-cultural skills; prior experience working in a multi-cultural environment is an added advantage.
- Good capacity building and management skills, including human resource and financial management, communications and intercultural cooperation skills
- Flexible and capable of working in a stressful context
- Ability to travel and participate in our national and international conferences
The interested candidates are required to carefully read position’s requirements and send their CV/resume along with one page interest letter declaring why they are qualified for this position.
The documents should be send via firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 25, 2021.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position!
For any information you can call and email us at below addresses:
Note: Please mention the Vacancy number and position in subject of your email.